|ADMISSIONS INTO POSTGRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION|
The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) is a tertiary institution engaged in imparting knowledge and skills to students using specialized facilities and multi-disciplinary approach; a centre of excellence for serious innovative research and development in aerospace, aeronautical, aviation and allied industries/disciplines.
Admissions into National Universities Commission accredited Postgraduate and First Degree programmes offered in the Institute are open to the general public. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic Session:
School of Postgraduate Studies
(1) M Eng Aerospace Engineering.
(2) PGD Aerospace Engineering
(3) PGD Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(4) PGD Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Faculty of Air Engineering:
- B.Eng Aerospace Engineering.
Faculty of Ground Engineering and Environmental Studies
(1) B.Eng Mechanical Engineering
(2) B.Eng Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
(3) B.Eng Automotive Engineering.
(4) B.Eng Civil Engineering.
(5) B.Eng Information and Communication Technology.
(6) B.Sc Cyber Security
Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- B.Sc Accounting.
- B.Sc Business Administration
- B.Sc Economics.
- B.Sc Marketing.
Candidates seeking admission into AFIT’s undergraduate programmes are required to write JAMB UTME examination. Those intending to pursue Postgraduate programmes will be offered direct entry admission if they meet entry requirements. Entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered in AFIT are as detailed below:
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) Programmes – Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information & Communication Technology and B.Sc in Cyber Security
(1) JAMB UTME cut-off pass mark of 170. To be considered for admission, candidates must have changed their institution of First Choice to AFIT through JAMB.
(2) Minimum of WASC/GCE/SSCE/NECO/NTC/NABTEB with at least credit passes in 5 subjects in not more than 2 sittings. The subjects must include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and one other subject from Additional Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Auto-Mechanics, Applied Electricity, Metal Work, Statistics and Geography.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Programmes – Accounting, Business Administration, Economics and Marketing
(1) JAMB UTME cut-off pass mark of 160. To be considered for admission, candidates must have changed their institution of First Choice to AFIT through JAMB.
(2) Minimum of WASC/GCE/SSCE/NECO/NTC/NABTEB with 5 credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and 3 other subjects from Economics, Commerce, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Government, Statistics, and Geography.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes in Aerospace Engineering.
Minimum of Third Class in Engineering, Material Sciences or Physics or HND with a minimum of lower credit in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/|Electronic Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Material Science Engineering.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programme in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
A minimum grade of B.Sc degree with Third Class Honours or HND with a minimum of lower credit in Purchasing & Supply and other related fields.
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
A minimum of Third Class in first Degree or HND with a minimum of lower credit in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and other related fields.
Masters Programme in Aerospace Engineering
A minimum of Second Class Honours in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/|Electronics Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering and Material Science Engineering or Physics.