Initial License Preparatory Course
- The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) is a higher education institution engaged in imparting knowledge, skills and learning to students using specialized facilities and multi-disciplinary approach. The Institute emphasizes hands-on practical aircraft maintenance and innovative research and development for aerospace engineering and allied disciplines. AFIT is currently accredited by National Universities Commission and Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) among others.
- The Institute is an NCAA Approved Training Organization (ATO) for the conduct of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence Preparatory Course among others. The Institute successfully concluded its Sixth Initial Licence Preparatory Course in November 2018 and is set to commence the next Initial Licence Preparatory Course (ILPC 07) for candidates that are desirous of obtaining the NCAA’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Licence. Admission into the Programme is open to the general public. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into AFIT’s ILPC 07, which is scheduled to commence in March 2019 for a duration of 24 weeks. The available options are as follows:
- Airframe and Gas Turbine Engine Option.
- Avionics and Instrument Option.
- The ILPC 07 is a preparatory course specifically designed for military personnel and civilians in the field of aircraft maintenance. The course provides individuals with good foundation to successfully undertake and pass NCAA examinations as a prelude to the issuance of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Licence.
- Candidates seeking admission into AFIT’s ILPC are required to be either of the following:
- Holders of the Post Graduate Diploma in Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of pass from AFIT Kaduna.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma in Aircraft Engineering Technology with a minimum of lower credit pass from AFIT Kaduna.
- Individuals with equivalent qualifications in 4a and 4b above from other recognized institutions.
- Holders of BSc/BEng in Aerospace Engineering and related fields from reputable Institutions.
- Nigerian Air Force (NAF) personnel with adequate cognate field work experience of not less than 10 years and type training on any NAF aircraft.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested civilian and military candidates are to visit AFIT website: www.afit.edu.ng, on the Admission menu and select ILPC. Candidates are required to create a new profile with their email address and make an online payment of N10,000.00 only (non-refundable) to complete application process. Please note that Online application closes 4 weeks from the date of this publication. Serving military personal are to complete their registration within two weeks from this publication.