HOME | AFIT ALUMNI | DONATION | GALLERY | NEWSLETTER | CONTACT US
©COPYRIGHT 2016 AFIT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION | AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA
AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE BASE, PMB 2104 KADUNA
Tel: 09028134088 E-mail: registrar@afit .edu.ng
Website: www.afit .edu.ng
in affiliation with CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY UK
ADMISSION INTO AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS’ INITIAL LICENCE PREPARATORY COURSE IN NOVEMBER 2017
1. The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) is a higher education institution engaged in imparting knowledge, skills and learning to students using specialized facilities andmulti-disciplinary approach. AFIT is a centre of excellencefor serious innovative research and development inthe aerospace, aeronautical, aviation and allied industries/disciplines.
2. The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) recently renewed the certification of AFIT as an Approved Training Organization (ATO). In this regard, the Institute commenced thefifthInitial Licence Preparatory Course (ILPC 05)in March2017 and would end in November 2017. The next course (ILPC 06) is to beconducted for candidates that are desirous of obtaining the NCAA’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Licence. Admission into the programme is open to the general public. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into AFIT’s ILPC 06, which is scheduled to commence onMonday27 November 2017for a duration of 24 weeks. The available options are as follows:
3. The ILPC is a preparatory course specifically designed for military personnel and civilians in the field of aircraft maintenance. The course is meant to provide a good foundation for such individuals to enable them successfully undertake and pass NCAA examinations as a prelude to the issuance of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Licence.
4. Candidates seeking admission into AFIT’s ILPC are required to be either of the following:
a. Holders of the Post Graduate Diploma in Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of pass from AFIT Kaduna.
b. Holders of Higher National Diploma in Aircraft Engineering Technology with a minimum of lower credit pass from AFIT Kaduna.
c. Individuals with equivalent qualifications in 4a and 4b above from other recognized institutions.
d. Candidates having recognized aviation training with a minimum qualification of NAF TTG certificate or ND Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering with not less than 10 years field experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
5. Interested military and civilian candidates are to download the application form from AFIT’s website at www.afit.edu.ng. Duly completed forms are to be accompanied by copies of relevant credentials and bank deposit slips, evidencing due payment of N10,000.00into AFIT bank account (EcobankPlc, A/C Name – AFIT, A/C No- 3362019362).Completed forms and copies of deposit slips are to be submitted by hand or through courier service not later than Friday, 10 November 2017 to the following address:
Air Force Institute of Technology
PMB 2104, Nigerian Air Force Base, Kaduna