HOME | AFIT ALUMNI | DONATION | GALLERY | NEWSLETTER | CONTACT US
©COPYRIGHT 2016 AFIT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION | AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA
1. The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) is a higher education institution engaged in imparting knowledge, skills and learning to students using specialized facilities and multi-disciplinary approach. AFIT is a centre of excellence for serious innovative research and development for the aerospace, aeronautical, aviation and allied industries/discipline.
2. The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) recently renewed the certification of AFIT as an Approved Training Organization (ATO). In this regard, the Institute successfully concluded its fourth licence preparatory course in October 2016 and is set to commence the next Initial Licence Preparatory Course (ILPC) for candidates that are desirous of obtaining the NCAA’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Licence. Admission into the programme is open to the general public. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into AFIT’s ILPC, which is scheduled to commence on 16 January 2017 for a duration of 24 weeks. The available options are as follows:
3. The ILPC is a preparatory course specifically designed for military personnel and civilians in the field of aircraft maintenance. The course is meant to provide a good foundation for such individuals to enable them successfully sit for and pass NCAA examinations as a prelude to the granting of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Licence.
4. Candidates seeking admission into AFIT’s ILPC are required to be either of the following:
a. Holders of the Post Graduate Diploma in Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of pass from AFIT Kaduna.
b. Holders of Higher National Diploma in Aircraft Engineering Technology with a minimum of lower credit pass from AFIT Kaduna.
c. Individuals with equivalent qualifications in 4a and 4b above from other recognized institutions.
d. Candidates with a recognized aviation training with a minimum qualification of TTG certificate or ND Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent with 10 years field experience..
MODE OF APPLICATION
5. Interested military and civilian candidates are to download the application form from AFIT’s website: www.afit.edu.ng. Duly completed forms are to be accompanied by copies of relevant credentials and bank deposit slips, evidencing due payment of N10,000.00 into AFIT Academic Branch Bank account (Eco Bank Account Number 3362019362). Completed forms and copies of deposit slips are to be submitted by hand or through courier service not later than Friday, 2 December 2016 to the following address:
Air Force Institute of Technology
PMB 2104 Nigerian Air Force Base Kaduna
Application for Addmission into National Diploma (ND), Pre-Higher National Diploma (Pre-HND), Higher National Diploma (HND) and Post Graduate Diploma for 2017/2018 academic session will soon commence. Keep updated by visiting our website frequently.
ADMISSION INTO AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS’ INITIAL LICENCE PREPARATORY COURSE IN JANUARY 2017